Trip Pro database – Lunch & Learn Library Resources Month
Tuesday, August 30th, 2022 at 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This training session will introduce you to the Trip Pro database – a clinical search engine designed to help you find and use high-quality research evidence to support practice and care. Around 70% of journal articles in Trip Pro link to full-text article to help save you time.
This is the fourth of four sessions on Tuesdays this month focusing on resources that are easy to pick up, user-friendly, and can provide support at the point-of-care or used to find current evidence quickly and efficiently. These library resources can be used to support patient care, service improvement, research, professional development and coursework.
The session will be led by Chloe Turner, the new Primary Care Librarian for Derbyshire. The first 15-20 minutes will be the main presentation followed by an opportunity for questions for the remaining 10 minutes.
What will I learn?
Participants will learn how to:
- Locate the Trip Pro database home page
- Register and login with OpenAthens
- Perform a basic and more complex search using key word combinations
- Understand how Trip Pro uses colours to differentiate between levels of evidence quality
- Understand Limits and Filters for narrowing down your search results
- Understand where to find further search hints and tips