Support for Derbyshire Trainees
We have created this interactive guide to help you see what support is available for you at any stage of your career. This includes a section on GP Trainee support:
Tier 2 Visa Support
Tier 2 is an immigration route for non-European Economic Area (EEA) migrants who wish to work in the UK. These migrants must be sponsored by an organisation or company that holds a Tier 2 licence. A licence is a permission given to an organisation to sponsor workers in its business. The organisation is known as a sponsor.
NHS England North Midlands has produced 2 useful fact sheet sheets about Tier 2, which you can find here.
Details coming soon
Academic Clinical Fellowship (ACF)
The NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship (ACF) is a clinical specialty training post that incorporates academic training. ACFs are of 3 years duration (4 years for GPs). ACFs have access to Masters-level research training to develop their academic skills and equip them to balance their clinical academic careers.
NIHR ACFs spend:
- 75% of their time in specialist clinical training
- 25% of their time in research or educationalist training
To be eligible for a ACF you must be:
- Medically or dentally qualified
- At the early stages of speciality training
- Able to demonstrate outstanding potential for a career in academic medicine or dentistry
- Able to meet the clinical specification for the advertised post
Find how to apply on the NIHR website.
A Career in General Practice – Next Steps
There’s a wealth of options on the variety and flexibility of a career in general practice on our Career Choices in General Practice page.