August 2019 – GPDF Communication
This message has been sent on behalf of Dr Douglas A Moederle-Lumb, Chair, GPDF.
In response to demand from a number of LMCs, GPDF have continued to work with the legal team at Pennington Manches to prepare guidance, advice and information for LMCs in relation to Primary Care Networks, and specifically Clinical Directors. A new suite of material is now available to download from the Library section of the GPDF website (https://www.gpdf.org.uk/gpdf-resource-library )
This material includes:
- Clinical Director contracts – guidance note
- Guidance note for practices employing staff for the Primary Care Network.
And a series of template contracts dealing with six possible models:
- self-employed consultant engaged by a lead practice (which is identical to one engaged under the Hybrid model);
- self-employed consultant engaged by a federation to which the activities of the Primary Care Network (PCN) have been delegated;
- self-employed consultant engaged by all practices of a PCN (the flat model);
- employed clinical director employed by a lead practice, (which is identical to one employed under the hybrid model);
- employed clinical director employed by a federation;
- employed clinical director employed by all practices of a PCN.
I hope you find these documents of use and value. Should you have any questions please contact the email address which has been set up for LMCs queries relating to PCNs PCNenquiries@Penningtons.co.uk The FAQ document will also be placed on GPDF’s website.